Forgot Gmail: Strike off that inconvenience if you have forgotten your Gmail account password and through this guide, you can recover the password quite easily. Why forgetting the password becomes troublesome? For a simple reason that many of your online activities are being carried out by a single Gmail account and if you forgot Gmail password then this guide is for you.
To avoid this scenario, you need to know the steps which are undertaken to recover your password. We have come up with some easy ways to for password recovery in this worst-case scenario so have a look here!
Forgot Gmail password – Gmail password reset:
Account recovery page
This being the first step of recovering the password! All you have to do is to open the account recovery page of Gmail and consider the following steps:
- Enter your alternative email account
- Click continue
By using your phone number
Check the steps below:
- Enter your phone number which you have provided for account recovery
- You will be sent verification through SMS
- You will be asked the security questions and the correct answers will make prompt the verification code sent to you
A striking case of non-accessibility
Gmail abandons your account if you have not accessed it for more than 90 days. This automatically calls for deleting your account from the server thus making it impossible to recover your password.
In case, you have to recover the password then two possibilities may occur:
- You reset the password
- You may not get the recovery email for your password
Reset your Forgot Gmail Password following steps:
Let us begin with the first scenario of resetting the password in which following steps need to be undertaken:
- Go to the account support page
- It asks you to enter the email address through which you sign in
- If you don’t remember your Gmail email id then you are redirected to a page asking your recovery email address or the phone number associated with your account
- It asks you to enter the last password which you remember, if you don’t remember this, your registered phone will be required. The third possibility is that you have to enter the number through which verification code is being sent. You will get either a call or the verification text message.
- Another option is that you will get the email that has the one-time verification code on your recovery email address. In the absence of this recovery Gmail , a security question will be asked which you added into your account.
- In case, you have no clue about that, you need to answer when your Google account was created. If this is also missing, then you need to answer a series of questions. Now, with this last option exhausted, there is no chance of recovering your password.
Get the password recovery mail?
In this case, there are a couple of steps that you have to undertake, check out:
- There could be a possibility that the recovery email is in the spam folder
- Unmark the mail from the spam folder and add the email@example.com to address book
- Request another mail for the same
Which problems may you have while resetting the password?
There are following situations in which you may be unable to set the password:
- You have tried to log in too many times
- Your security questions does not appear
- The link or code for password expired
- You don’t remember the account details to prove it is yours
- You are unable to get access to the recovery email address or phone number
- A name and photo comes up when you are trying to log in
Adding secure passwords
Password creation needs to be secured if it is the recovered one. Keep in mind some of the considerations which help you in ensuring an unbreakable password. You can go for the 2-step verification which makes you access your phone and your login details.
You have to create a password which cannot be guessed or stolen but if you suspect malicious activity on your account then it is recommended that you should get it changed as soon as possible. Ensuring a secure password includes the inclusion of some special characters, symbols, uppercase and lowercase letters so that password strength remains intact. Besides that, add the numbers but not the spaces while composing the password.